Thursday, July 14, 2011

Growing up

When did my little girl get so big? I know they say the first year of a child's life is where you see the biggest changes, but honestly the closer my little duck creeps to three I'm blown away by how much she's grown and changed.

And it kills me that I'm not spending every single day with her while she grows and changes and more and more personality reveals itself. Instead, we tend to pas her by - racing to get ready for work in the morning and dying to relax and wind down in the evenings.

Weekends are a little bit different, but she still gets dragged along to what we want to do rather than having two days devoted to her wants and needs and general fun-having. Not that I don't think she doesn't have a great time tagging along, but when do we ever stop and just go with her flow?
So I've decided to take some time off. Become a kindy mum and wife. Maybe even a domestic goddess-in-training (okay, okay I'm dreaming there). It's a huge wrench and change, but at the same time I can't begin to describe how much lighter I feel at the thought. I know it's the right thing for our little family. I simply can't wait.

I've always said I'm not cut out to be a stay at home Mum, but all of a sudden I feel ready to try. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I do wish you all the best! Enjoy some precious time with her. I'm so thankful I can spend time with my little girl now. It will be a big change and give yourself time to adjust - you will grow to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel - I really can't wait. You're right though, it's going to be a big adjustment. For all of us I suspect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck - enjoy your time with her she is a cutie:)

    ReplyDelete