Sunday, July 25, 2010

We're moving


That's right, we're moving. To the Big Smoke. Faced with the reality of such a mammoth move I'm not entirely sure what possessed us. Ok, I'll be honest - what possessed me. I know what possessed my long suffering husband - the desire to see me happy and enthusiastic about work and not moping about threatening to do crazy things like become a stay at home mum. Not that that in and of itself is a crazy thing - what's crazy is me proposing to do it. It's a bit like Hulk Hogan proposing to take up ballet. Utterly deranged. I should clarify that this is not because of latent workaholic tendencies on my part - far from it - just that I am not stay at home material even if you ignore my frightening lack of domestic talents.

I digress. Mummy, Daddy, Puddleduck and her three fur-sisters (Daddy has them on notice though - any peeing on the couch between now and move day and they're getting sold with the house) are moving to Sydney. We've half made a list of everything that needs to be done between now and THE BIG DAY but frankly it frightened us almost to death so we've adopted a 'one step at a time' approach for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment