Saturday, January 8, 2011

Summer blooms

I don't think it is a surprise to anyone who knows me that I love flowers. As in, I LURVE them. The house feels almost naked without them. If it came down to it, I'd probably choose flowers over furniture. Well, maybe.

The vast array of blooms available at the moment has me in a near-frenzy of flower buying and arranging. Mr Puddleduck is pleased at the variety and lack of lillies - he seems to have some sort of magnetic forcefield that drags his white business shirts into the orange stamens of lillies and it sends him nearly apopleptic every time.

I simply cannot get enough of these gorgeous flowers. So much so I am motivated to finally try and find some space in our teeny tiny courtyard for some pots of something pretty. And low maintenance. Suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. What about African Violets?
    I'm no green thumb, but before actually making a choice, I need to know: sun/shade, large/small pot, bloom in season or all year. My favourite is Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, very pretty and full, great for pots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am after something so low maintenance it doesn't matter whether shade or no shade etc! Will be in pots though. Some hanging.

    ReplyDelete