Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rain rain go away


I'm sure before we moved to Sydney I had heard people rave about the climate. Winters are crystal clear and perfect, summers are warm and sunny. So far though my experience has been that it rains. And rains. And rains.

Every. Single. Week. Since. We. Moved.

Not just the odd afternoon thunderstorm after a hot and balmy day, but steady, soaking rain at least twice a week for the past four months. It's starting to get a bit boring. I'm tired of pant legs getting soaked on the walk to work, I'm tired of raging about people's lack of umbrella etiquette and I am tired of, well, rain.

The odd rainy day is cathartic and restful. Summer storms are spectacular. Constant rain and drizzle is depressing. Frankly, I don't wonder why the Brits are a teensy bit unhinged. If this keeps up I will be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment