Saturday, October 23, 2010

Reading nook

We're fortunate enough to have quite a large and functional attic space in our new house - well, it will be functional as soon as we tackle all the boxes and 'junk' that has been dumped up there because there simply isn't room anywhere else for it. We're slowly de-cluttering though and this weekend I created this little reading nook next to the window. Our 'big' dining chairs don't really fit in our dining area downstairs so I have been busily repurposing them around the house so I was delighted to be able to use two of them in this little space!

With rather spectacular timing (I needed a rest) a lovely storm rolled in and I got to experience just what a beautiful little spot it is to sit and relax on a Saturday afternoon. Even with the windows flung open I was protected from the rain so I really felt part of the storm in all its glory. I think it may become my favourite nook in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment